I realized that I had never gotten the Ultimate Hawt Vampire Poll done, so I spent five minutes on the internets looking for a decent poll. The problem is that you all gave me way too many nominees for most polls.
So I'm listing all of them. You can vote for up to FIVE nominees. (My votes will probably be Gerard Butler, Gerard Butler, Naked David Boreanaz, James Marsters, and Gerard Butler.) The vamp with the most total votes will win, or Gerard Butler will win by some inexplicable fluke because he oozes sexy charisma in the unwatchable "Dracula 2000."
Leave your votes as a comment to enter the contest.
UPDATE: Hachette Books is contributing a set of Kitty NorvilleCarrie Vaughn as the prize books by! You don't have to be a werewolf/shifter fan to enjoy this exciting, hip, sexy series.
UPDATE II: I wrote down the wrong date. The contest really runs through Sunday night, May 10. I am trying to get even more cool prizes!
In honor of this important poll, I'll be posting Gratuitous Videos of the Day of the nominees. You may have to watch some of these videos repeatedly, and, yes, some classics will be included.
Here are your nominees:
- Dracula in "Dracula 2000" - Gerard Butler
- Dracula in "Bram Stoker's Dracula" - Gary Oldman
- Dracula in the BBC's "Dracula" - Louis Jordan
- Count Vladislaus Dracula in "Van Helsing" - Richard Roxburgh
- Vlad Dracula in "Dark Prince" and "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" - Rudolph Martin
- Mick St. John in "Moonlight" - Alex O'Loughlin
- Josef in "Moonlight" - Jason Dohring
- Louis in "Interview with the Vampire" - Brad Pitt
- Lestat in "Interview with the Vampire" - Tom Cruise
- Armand in "Interview with the Vampire" - Antonio Banderas
- Lestat in "Queen of the Damned" - Stuart Townsend
- Mark Frankel in "Kindred: The Embraced" - Julian Luna
- Edward Cullen in "Twilight" - Robert Pattinson
- James in "Twilight" - Cam Gigandet
- Dr. Carlisle Cullen in "Twilight" - Peter Facinelli
- Jasper Hale in "Twilight" - Jackson Rathbone
- Bill Compton from "True Blood" - Stephen Moyer
- Eric Northman in "True Blood" - Alexander Skarsgard
- Mitchell in "Being Dead" - Aidan Turner
- Henry Fitzroy in "Blood Ties" - Kyle Schmid
- Angel in "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" - Naked David Boreanaz
- Spike in "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" - James Marsters
- Drake in "Blade Trinity" - Dominic Purcell
- Deacon Frost in "Blade" - Stephen Dorf
- Lothos in the movie, "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" - Rutger Hauer
- Selene in "Underworld" - Kate Beckinsdale
- Michael Corvin in "Underworld" - Scott Speedman
- Viktor in "Underworld" - Bill Nighy
- Michael in "Lost Boys" - Jason Patric
- David in "Lost Boys" - Kiefer Sutherland
- Nicholas Knight in "Forever Knight" - Gerriant Wynn Davies
- Nick Knight in "Forever Knight" - Rick Springfield
- Miriam in "The Hunger" - Catherine Deneuve
- John in "The Hunger" - David Bowie
- Aaron Gray in "The Breed" - Adrian Paul
- Barnabas Collins in "Dark Shadows" - Jonathan Frid
- Jan Valek in "John Carpenter's Vampires" - Thomas Ian Griffith
- Alex in "Tale of a Vampire" - Julian Sand
- R.B. Harker in "Howling VI, the Freaks" - Bruce Bayne
- D in the anime "Vampire Hunter D"
As regular Vampire Wire readers may know, Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) in "True Blood" has a 'do that disturbingly reminds me of my best friend from high school, a pretty tall blonde. However, this video by WickedSpice83 makes me rethink my whole girl-hair issues.
This is a new tribute to that guy that doesn't make heads turn, Gerard Butler. I really try to like Willie Nelson because, you know, he's one of our nation's major potheads, but this song makes me almost lose my will to live.
This song is much better. You'll be singing it all day long!