Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Interview & Contest for Casa Dracula Novel & Vampire Music & Scary Polka



Abigail at All Things Urban Fantasy has an interview with me and a contest for ANY ONE of my Casa Dracula novels. "I envy those writers who have the really clever titles that play upon a concept, but those can get worn out by the time the authors hit the end of the series, they’re just phoning in some bad pun. You know, W is for WTF."

Would DANYEL please send me an email with your mailing address? You won a copy of MaryJanice Davidson's latest, but I can't send it unless you contact me. To others entering contests: please have an email address available or check to see if you've won at the contest's end.

Patricia Altner reviews Chloe Neill's Some Girls Bite at Patricia's Vampire Notes. "A sassy, brassy, sarcastic attitude like Merit's is not unusual in today's urban fantasy heroines. What sets each series apart is an original plot along with a variety of interactions between distinctive characters."

Jessica at Shut Up! I'm Reading (love the blog name) reviews Evermore by Alyson Noel. "Ever was realistic and I could relate to her, even though at times I wanted to smack her for being so stupid. Damen is another one of those practically perfect guys that will have fellow female book-worms smitten."

RachelfromNJ, the host of Enchanted by Books, guest blogs about her passion for paranormal and urban fantasy at Literary Escapism. "Instead of the bad guy killing because of mommy issues, in paranormals the reason could be that 500 years ago he was made a vampire against his will and wants revenge because he doesn’t want to be immortal anymore." There's a contest there, too, but I can't quite figure out what the prize is.

Okay, I got an email from Becky, who has the impressive title of "Community Ambassador" at a marketing company about a new vampire musical. I hope they let her wear a sash with medals and a tiara, because why else would you want to be an ambassador? Oooh, and a top hat and a monocle would be fab! (Hmm, this makes me wonder if Mr. Peanut is an ambassador.) What was I saying? Oh, yeah, the vampire musical is called "I Kissed a Vampire."

It's supposedly a rock musical. More like a Pop Rocks musical, but my taste in music is more bang your head on the wall, so take that into consideration. Cute kids singing with vampire teeth and lots of eyeliner, and I'm all for eyeliner.

I think we can all agree that there's nothing scarier than polka music and yodeling. I'm shivering already. Some group called Polka Haunt Us featuring Veronique Chevalier is exploiting their already terrifying musical abilities to write songs like "The Beer Hall in Hell." Yeah, I thought it was funny. SCARY funny! You can listen to and download this song and others like "Ghost Train" on their website.

Call me old fashioned, but I was raised to think that polka should be played as punk music.


GRATUITOUS VIDEOS OF THE DAY

Here's a tribute to one of my favorite new vampires, Mitchell of the BBC's "Being Human."



If you haven't seen "Being Human," rent the show or watch it online. It's about a vampire, ghost, and werewolf who become roommates. It's got drama, action, humor, etc.

3 comments:

RKCharron said...

Hi Marta :)
Thank you for taking the time to make this great post & links & videos.
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

Princess Allie said...

I have such a crush on Mitchell

Marta said...

Thanks, RKC!

Princess Allie, yep, he looks like a vampire should look...dark, sexy, dangerous. I like all the characters on this series, though.