Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bring on the Cheeze, Pleaze! Jess Haines Guest Blogs


"I picked up the first book of Jess Haines' series yesterday. And right now I'm freaking out because the fourth book doesn't come out until July. I'm having a total spazz meltdown."


Urban fantasy fans are anxiously awaiting Stalking the Others, book 4 in Jess Haines' H&W Investigations series, which will be released on July 3. Doesn't the cover rock? The good news is that Jess is running a contest at Goodreads for ARCs of her next novel. (Scroll halfway down the Goodreads page for the contest. Open the the US, UK, and Canada.) I'm very happy to have her here today to talk about Important Issues: our guilty pleasures.

Here's a synopsis of Stalking the Others:
Vampires, werewolves, mages–the Others are very real, and wreaking havoc in Shiarra Waynest’s life. Once, she was one of the good guys–or as close as a New York P.I. can get. Then Shiarra Waynest was drawn into the world of the Others. Every faction has its own loyalties and agenda. And Shia’s recent betrayal by her ex-boyfriend means that she may be on the verge of becoming a rogue werewolf at the next full moon.
The enigmatic vampire Royce wants her back in his clutches, as do two powerful werewolf packs, along with the police. Instead of going into hiding, Shia is enlisting the aid of her enchanted hunter’s belt and every dirty P.I. trick she knows.
 Please welcome Jess!


Guilty Pleasures by Jess Haines


Hello there! Jess Haines here. I’m the author of the urban fantasy H&W Investigations series.

Marta is one of the most lovely and gracious authors I know, especially because I was a dork and made her wait so long for this post. Sorry, Marta!

The recent hubbub about the success of 50 Shades of Gray (a BDSM erotica that started out as alternate-universe fanfic originally about Bella and Edward from Twilight) has had me thinking about those things we usually enjoy even when we know they are not generally accepted by polite society or are bad for your health.

One of the things I’m known for is my terrifically eclectic preferences in movies, music, and books. To be frank, most would qualify my tastes in… well… anything as atrocious. On that note, I’m going to share just a few of my favorite guilty pleasures!

Food:

I loves me some greasy, cheesy, bacon-y goodness! The bacon cheese fries from Outback Steakhouse qualify as one of my favorite guilty pleasures when it comes to food. I order a plate of this heart-clogging, tasty appetizer every time I go to Outback.


Books:

Literary gems, these are not. That doesn’t make me love them any less. Particularly the DragonLance novels. 



Movies:

The Pest is my ultimate guilty pleasure.

When I’m feeling a little more tasteful and/or girly, there is always Ever After, While You Were Sleeping, or Dangerous Beauty.

TV Shows:

I’m a total sucker for absurdity and bad taste. Ren & Stimpy epitomize that quite fittingly, don’t you think? I haven’t watched the reboots, but I’m a proud owner of seasons one and two on DVD.

Oh, and let’s not forget Beavis & Butthead. Uh-huh-huh-huh-huh….

So, tell me—what are some of your guilty pleasures?

If you’d like to check out my books, they are:

Hunted by the Others
Taken by the Others
Deceived by the Others
Stalked by the Others

You can also visit me on the web:


Thanks again for having me, Marta! (I promise not to be such a space cadet in the future!)
 ___________________________________________

Thanks for coming, Jess!

You can also read Jess's guest blog here celebrating the release of Hunted by Others.


GRATUITOUS VIDEOS OF THE DAY

The theme is Guilty Pleasures, of course!







2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the bacon cheese fries from Outback! They taste so good with the ranch dressing!

Marta said...

Stephanie, I've never been there but I saw that those fries are listed as basically the DEADLIEST French fries in the known universe! So naturally I want to try them.