Friday, June 8, 2012

Fabulous Friday Contests!

Tor's Insanely Great Contest!

I couldn't afford to buy books growing up (hurray for libraries!) and then I got to college, where I still couldn't afford books, but I began reviewing for the school paper and got free books, which was all kinds of wonderful. I still get excited when a delivery person tosses a padded manila envelope with a book over the fence.

Giving away books is also fun, because I imagine others being as excited as I am to get a package with a crisp new novel.

Here are some great contests for you!

My publisher, Tor, is having an insanely great YA Collection Contest (photo above) that ends today in a few hours, so enter NOW. You can jump-start your YA library by winning the entire collection, including: Dark Companion, my upcoming YA Gothic, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton, Lisa DeRoacher's Original Sin and Personal Demons, Jo Walters' Among Others, and more!


Contest for Signed Copies of All My Novels and swag: Happy Hour at Casa Dracula, Midnight Brunch, The Bride of Casa Dracula, Haunted Honeymoon, Nancy's Theory of Style, and an ARC of Dark Companion, my soon to be released YA Gothic. Second and third prizes are signed copies of Midnight Brunch and swag. Contest runs through June 15 and is international! (No, the Russian edition of my book will not be included, but I like that graphic.)




Contest for Pixie Lynn Whitfield's Darkness Comes This Way, the debut novel in her Guardians of the Night series. The contest runs through June 18 and is international -- US winners will receive a paperback and others can have an e-book.


All Things Urban Fantasy has a guest blog by Benedict Jacka and a contest for Fated, the second book the Alex Versus urban fantasy series. Jim Butcher raves about Benedict's new urban fantasy series about mages, who can see what might happen in the future. I want these books and not just because the covers are awesome! The contest runs through June 15.




Danny at Bewitched Bookworms is celebrating her visit to Book Expo America with a Giveaway of Epicness with multiple prize packs and multiple winners!

The prizes include: Insurgent (Hardcover, SIGNED), Masque of the Red Death (Hardcover, SIGNED), The Diviners by Libba Bray (ARC) – Shadows by Isla J. Blick (ARC), The Raven Boys (ARC), The Vishous Deep (Hardcover), Destined (Hardcover, SIGNED), Eve & Adam (ARC, SIGNED), Entice (ARC), and Who I Kissed (ARC). The contest ends on June 21.


GRATUITOUS VIDEOS OF THE DAY

It's a lovely summer day out so I'm posting videos that are lively. Have a great weekend!






Burn Notice is coming back with one of my favorite kick-ass chicks, Fiona!



It isn't Friday without a Richard Armitage video.

6 comments:

Lori T. said...

Thanks for all this info, Marta! I also loved the library growing up because we couldn't buy all the books I wanted to read. Even though now I can't afford to buy all the books I'd love to own, I do prefer book shopping over clothes/shoe shopping any day!

Lori T. said...

Ooops...forgot to say I'm also excited for BURN NOTICE to return! I've missed Michael, Fiona, Sam...and Michael's awesome Charger!

Marta said...

Hi, Lori! I love packing up a big bag of books at the library. I always find something new and they're great for families, especially with young ones who want picture books.

Burn Notice is one of my favorite shows -- although it is formulaic, it's a great formula with so much style and verve.

Danny said...

Thank you Martha for this Shout Out!!!

Actually, I was always lucky because back then when I was in school and didn't have so much money, I read the same books my mom did, so there was actually always something to read for me!

Marta said...

You're welcome, Danny! What a great contest. How lucky for you to get your mom's pass-along books. I had a friend in high school who was two years older and introduced me to science fiction. She used to loan me her books and I was always amazed when I went to her house and saw books everywhere.

lavendersbluegreen said...

Marta, thanks for all the contests! I love free books even more than I love books!