Wednesday, November 21, 2012

New Covers for My Books & Contest Winners

Nancy's New Cover - Preliminary

I'm delighted to announce that Simon & Schuster will be giving the ebook editions of all of my novels new cover art, including Nancy's Theory of Style! I love the preliminary artwork for my frothy social satire, which is set in San Francisco's posh Pacific Heights. I was recently having cocktails with friends on Fillmore Street and thinking about all the scenes set there, so getting this cover art was a nice surprise. I can't wait to see the artwork for the Casa Dracula novels.

The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) a division of the American Library Association, has formally announced their nominees for 2012's Best Fiction for Young Adults, and Dark Companion's at the top of the list! Okay, it's an alphabetical list.


CONTEST WINNERS

Thank you to those who entered the contest for my books and audiobooks. Audiophile Magazine is featuring the audiobooks that narrator Patricia Fructuoso and I produced using Audible/Amazon's ACX program.

The contest winners are:

SANDYG265 - Grand Prize: signed copies of all my Casa Dracula novels, swag, and an audio download of Haunted Honeymoon.

TORE - 2nd Prize: Signed copies of Happy Hour at Casa Dracula and Midnight Brunch, swag, and a Haunted Honeymoon audiobook download.

3MONSTERSMOM - 3rd Prize: A download of the Haunted Honeymoon audiobook.

I loved hearing all your stories about your pets. Jab any cynic and you'll find someone who's absurdly sentimental about some furry critter.

Have a terrific Thanksgiving! I am grateful to my family, friends, pets, the glorious blue California sky, and being able to spend my days writing.


GRATUITOUS VIDEOS OF THE DAY

During the holidays, I always love to watch old classics, and many of them have supernatural elements, including angels, ghosts, and Santa. My mother, who was 15 when she came to the United States, was crazy for American movies, especially the old ones that would run on a local channel. When I was little, we'd cuddle together and watch them on rainy afternoons. All these years later, we still like to watch old movies together. Enjoy!




7 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I love the new Nancy cover :D

Jane said...

Really like the lovely new cover, Marta. Happy Thanksgiving.

Marta said...

Hi, Blodeuedd! I really like it, too, but the weird photoshopping on the lower part of her dress Must Go.

Marta said...

Thanks, Jane! I hope your Thanksgiving is lovely, too. I am not a fan of turkeys, but I rather like the flock of wild birds that has made a home in my brother's backyard. They are raucous and roost in a big pine...very odd for a suburban yard.

Reina M. Williams said...

Happy Thanksgiving and I love the concept of the new cover!
Thanks for the vids of 2 fav movies-- "The Ghost & Mrs. Muir" and "The Univited"...haven't seen "Topper" yet. Another one for the Netflix Q. :)

Michelle Par said...

Yes, the new Nancy cover is great!

I love old movies, too. Such style!

Zita said...

Marta! Did you see http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064S8D9W/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk Denise Grover Swank's cover looks awfully familiar...