Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote Today & I'd Vote for These Cool Covers!



It's a gorgeous day out and I just came back from voting, where they gave me a super awesome "I Voted!" sticker. More people would probably vote if they gave out chocolate, but I still like the sticker. Now, I know that sometimes voting seems like a real pain, and in some places you have to wait for insane amounts of time to vote. But your vote is important, so please set aside the time to go vote. If you are in one of those states with looong lines and complicated issues, just take a book to read while you wait. A terrific story can transform a tedious task to a wonderful hour or two. Don't get too caught up in your stories. I used to get so engrossed reading that I'd miss my stops on buses and trains and wind up somewhere at the end of the line, having no idea where I was.

I heard the other day that some people don't vote because the forms are so confusing and they're afraid of making mistakes. Here's the deal: it's your vote. If you make a mistake, it's okay. Someone else has probably made a mistake in the other direction, and your two mistakes will wipe each other out. If you don't have an opinion on a candidate or a measure, just skip to the next item.

It's not a test, and you won't be graded for getting things right or wrong. But your vote does count if only because you need to balance out my whack-a-doodle extreme left-wing votes. 

For other voting things, here are some upcoming covers I'd vote on as being super cool!



GRATUITOUS VIDEOS OF THE DAY

I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate the voting theme here. I think I'll just go for the head-spinning that some of these complicated ballots induce. Remember: if you don't vote, you don't have any right to complain. Enjoy!








5 comments:

Michelle Par said...

Thanks for encouraging voting and for the "extreme left wing" whack-a-doodlry! :D

Marta said...

Hi, Michell! I think it's really amazing that I can connect with others who come from an entirely different political perspective because we share a love of books and reading.

Lori T. said...

These would've been so much easier to vote for! So many great choices here. Can't wait to read Days of Blood and Starlight. Hey, have you read any of Cherie Priest's books, specifically the Boneshaker series? She's coming to Lexington on the 18th. The books sound phenomenal and I've picked up the first 2, just haven't gotten the chance to read them yet.

Marta said...

I was interested in Tanya Huff's latest and I like the steampunky cover. I was thinking about you and hoping to hear some news about your writing!

Lori T. said...

That one looks pretty good, too. So many books, so little time, huh? My writing? Oh goodness, well, novel #1 has been completely rejected by everyone. Not so much as a partial requested. It really bummed me out because I love it and worked incredibly hard on it, but I'm now working on a new novel and trying NaNoWriMo, which I seriously believe is some new form of torture. Perhaps all the craziness will help me produce something that someone will actually want to read? I can only hope so :-)