Friday, February 8, 2013

Announcing THE SHE-HULK DIARIES - My New Novel!


I'm delighted to announce my next novel, The She-Hulk Diaries, which will be published by Hyperion in June 2013. Woohoo! The press release got picked up in USA Today, the Hollywood Reporter, Wired, and more, most with deliciously misleading headlines about the story. My favorite is that this is a superhuman version of 50 Shades of Gray. I wish!

What do I think it is? Well, I think it's an entertaining celebration of a woman with brains, heart, and super-strength. It's told from the perspective of Jennifer Walters, an unemployed attorney who sets goals of finding a new job, a new apartment, a work-life balance, a new professional female friend, and a relationship with a decent guy -- all while dealing with the exuberant shenanigans of her alter ego, She-Hulk, and dangerous new superhumans causing mayhem in the city.

Comic book legend Peter David calls my book "an absolute delight" and says:
Whether you like She-Hulk straight up, comedic, or a combination of both, SHE-HULK DIARIES is the She-Hulk endeavor for you.
I had a lot of fun stepping into She-Hulk's world, and it was an honor being the first woman to write her character. I'll be writing more about the challenges of writing an established character.

Rogue Touch by Christine Woodward will also be released by Hyperion in June.

11 comments:

The Mighty Buzzard said...

Great green gamma gazongas, I am so there! Scuse me while I go have a complete Shulk fanboi moment and reread every issue of her comics.

Marta said...

Yay! You're right in your tweet on the conflicting histories of the Jade Goddess. I just had to make some executive decisions.

Jane said...

Major congrats, Marta.

Marta said...

Thanks, Jane! I'm hoping to get galleys to have as giveaways.

The Mighty Buzzard said...

In honor of this announcement, I infringed whoever the the photographer was's copyright for you. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52836172/GammaMarta.png

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

Fabulous news, Marta!!! :) I'll be looking forward to this, and I love your cover. That green lipstick is something! :)

Dot S.(ladeetdareads.wordpress.com) said...

Yay! I truly can't wait!

Marta said...

Buzz, I'm glad I wasn't drinking soda cuz it would have gone up my nose, I laughed so hard.

-Kara and Dot, thanks! I don't know how many review copies I'll get, but fingers crossed I'll be able to get copies for you. Dot, you'll be happy it's comedy and stuff.

Lori T. said...

This is fabulous news, Marta! A huge congrats for you. Even though I haven't read 50 Shades, I'm willing to bet The She-Hulk Diaries will be far better, and I wish you as much success with it, too! :-)

Marta said...

Hi, Lori, thanks so much! I only wish I could have E.L.'s success, and I'm very happy for her. She really gave a jump start to the publishing industry. Hope all is going well with your writing!

zafar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.