Sunday, March 3, 2013

Visiting Reel Girl Today!



When the official announcement of The She-Hulk Diaries went out, there was a reaction from some comics lovers who were concerned that my book would demean women. Agh! I wrote to Margot Magowan, who established Reel Girl to promote gender equality in fantasy, and she was kind enough to ask me to visit her site and talk about my new book, my writing, and gender issues.
I liked comic books as a child, but I certainly couldn’t afford them. My older cousin would lend them to us. I’ve always been a fan of speculative stories and tend to prefer darker stories with an element of humor, like Buffy, The X-Files, Battlestar Galactica, Dark City, eXistenz, Firefly, BBC’s Being Human, Misfits…[more]
As you have probably guessed, I have a few opinions. In fact, I have lots of extra opinions so if you need any on any subject, please ask and I'll give them to you so you can express them at your next dinner party. Caveat: express at your own risk, because you may not get follow-up invites.


1 comment:

buy runescape accounts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.